Article explains food texture science to high schoolers
Wondering how texture analysis can benefit your team?
Stable Micro Systems has developed an interesting piece for the Institute of Food Science and Technology covering simple topics for teaching high school students about food texture.
The article includes the following sections:
- Why is it important?
- How do we assess a food’s texture?
- Sensory evaluation
- Instrumental analysis
- Examples of manufactured textured products
- Special considerations for chocolate texture
- Research on texture and chocolate
- Extension information - the really technical stuff!