Information and Content from Texture Technologies
Fortune 500 companies and major universities rely on Texture Technologies to help them choose testing equipment that accurately and cost-effectively meets all of their texture analysis needs. From meeting compliance requirements in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries to achieving quality standards in foods and medical devices, clients trust us to provide them with product testing solutions that make their job easier and deliver reliable texture analysis. Our comprehensive line of materials testing solutions measures the composition, performance and market viability of thousands of adhesives, films, gels, and powders as well as building materials and electronics products. Our flagship product, the TA.XTPlus Texture Analyzer is the industry standard for texture analyzers and is praised for its versatility and ease of use.
Founded in 1989, Texture Technologies is the exclusive North American Distributor of Stable Micro Systems' (SMS) family of Texture Analyzers, including the TA.XTPlus, TA.HDPlus, and TA.XTExpress. Headquartered in Hamilton, Massachusetts Texture Technologies has regional offices in Illinois, New Jersey, Georgia, California, Massachusetts, and additional distribution channels in Mexico.
- March 2017 The Very Weird World of Highly Specialized Food Testing Machines
- February 2016 Prepared Foods: New Lab Laws, Tech
- June 2013 Adhesives & Sealants Magazine: Texture Technologies: Indexing System for Texture Analyzers
- October 2013 Confectionery News: Sound check! Confectioners ready mics for acoustic testing
- October 2013 Adhesives & Sealants Magazine:Nasal Strip Adhesion
- December 2013 FoodQualityNews.com: Texture Technologies expansion meets booming demand
- December 2013 Adhesives & Sealants Magazine: Texture Technologies Opens Service Center
- February 2013 Natural Products Insider: The Importance of Texture Measurement
- May 2012 Laboratory Talk: Testing the Firmness of Pasta
- October 2012TA.XT and Puncture Probe featured on the front page of Tablets & Capsules Magazine
- December 2012 Confectionery News: Texture analysis spots candy cane flaws, says equipment firm
- October 2009 Mythbusters TV Series: President Marc Johnson Interviewed on Mythbusters
- September 2009 Texas Monthly: Why Are Tortilla Chips So Damn Good?
Marc Johnson, President of Texture Technologies
Marc Johnson is president of Texture Technologies, the exclusive North American Distributor of Stable Micro System's family of texture analyzers, including the TA.XTPlus, TA.HDPlus, and TA.XTExpress. He joined Texture Technologies in 1993 and has been developing test methods and fixtures for quantifying the physical characteristics of industrial products for the last 20 years. He is a frequent lecturer at industry, university and corporate meetings on topics related to texture measurements for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and adhesive industries. Texture Technologies provides Fortune 500 companies and major universities with product testing solutions.
Mr. Johnson has extensive experience testing the physical properties of the following products:
He has written numerous articles for adhesive, pharmaceutical and food industry publications and has appeared in a popular American television series, "Mythbusters" as an cheese texture expert for the "Greased Cannon – Cheese Cannon" episode.
Mr. Johnson graduated from Hobart College, and received his MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Before joining Texture Technologies in 1993, Mr. Johnson worked at Associates for International Research, Salomon Brothers, Aldrich Eastman & Waltch and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation.
Download our Logo
Download high-resolution versions of the Texture Technologies Corporation logo here.
Not sure who to contact?
Write us and one of our texture analysis experts will get back to you